Reading in Action has gone digital!
What is Reading in Action?
Reading in Action is a self-paced digital course designed for children who are just beginning their journey of learning to read OR for kids who've been at it for a while and need it broken down in a different way.
This program combines the foundations of reading with movement. . . for an engaging and exciting introduction to reading!
Lessons are taught by an experienced Reading Specialist who uses evidence-based literacy instruction in an innovative way.
This course is for your child if they:
- Are at the beginning stages of learning to read
- Enjoy watching and interacting with videos
- Like to move around/act things out
This isn't just any educational video series - Your child will get their own kit of hands-on (and feet-on!) materials to interact with during each 15-20 minute video lesson!
Printable PDF activities are included to reinforce lesson concepts each week.
By the end of the 10 lessons, children will have been introduced to:
- all 26 lowercase letters and their sounds
- a word and movement to associate with each letter and sound
- segmenting phonemes within a word
- blending phonemes within a word
- using phonics to decode and encode CVC words
- letter formation and handwriting
- basic sentence structure
- beginning fluency skills
Many types of kids could benefit from these videos, including those who:
- Can identify some or all letters
- Know some letter sounds
- Do not yet know any letter sounds but seem interested in learning
- Cannot yet read short words like: map, jet, pot, win
- Seem interested in learning how we use print to represent spoken language
- Have not yet received any formal reading instruction but are interested in learning
- Have received some reading instruction but have demonstrated difficulty
2 Different Plans Available!
- 10 15-20 minute interactive video lessons
- Printable PDFs (4-5 pages per lesson) to reinforce concepts
- Hands-on/Feet-On Learning Kit
- Magnetic tray with 26 lowercase letter magnets and 3 tiles for representing phonemes
- Magic wand for skywriting
- 4 foam squares "jumping out" sounds in words
- FREE shipping!
- Access to Facebook Group for parent support
- *BONUS: Access to monthly Zoom Show and Tells with other children completing the course (dates TBD)
Includes everything included in the Standard Access plan PLUS:
- 2 15-minute 1:1 Zoom sessions with Erin and your child
- Unlimited personalized pre-recorded video messages to your child with positive feedback for anything they submit (Completed printable pages, illustrations, photos or videos of completing lessons, etc.)
- Copy of Sam the Dog Decodable Reader (written by Erin) to apply skills
Parent Testimonial: "Loving the videos! She is sounding out words left and right!"
- Demetra, Mom to 5-year-old twins
Parent Testimonial: "We absolutely loved it!!! Nora was engaged the entire time and a huge smile came over her face when you said things like, “You're a great dancer,” and used encouraging words. You didn’t lose her attention once and when you moved to the physical part she was so excited. She LOVED the magic wand too! Makes me feel like I’m doing something right when I take some time to do things like this with her, so it made me feel proud as a mom too!
-Lisa, Mom to 4-year-old Nora